Northern Kentucky offers many exciting and fun opportunities for the young and the young-at-heart! If you are interested in the “Itinerary For Travelers Coming From Lexington Or Other Places South” please call DAT Travel at 330-614-7219 ext 3. At your request, DAT Travel will build and book your itinerary according to your travel dates and time of arrival into the greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky. We can also book a hotel for you, and assist you in purchasing tickets for Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter.
DAY 1– TOYOTA FACTORY TOUR
9:30 AM – Cruise on over to the Toyota Factory in Georgetown
- Tours start early in the day. The tour is free, but reservations are suggested
- Continue on to the Ark Encounter, 30 minutes North on 75, Williamstown
11:00 – 4:00 Begin Your Voyage on the Ark!
- Enjoy the many exhibits of the Ark. Pause and let it all soak in while enjoying lunch at the on-board 2-story restaurant.
- End your time at the Ark with the live Petting Zoo and a quick ride on the Zip Line. (extra cost)
Begin your journey north to the Creation Museum and check in to your hotel.
After a long day of fun and facts you may just want to find your hotel so you can relax, swim and enjoy a casual meal nearby! Below are a few suggestions for some great hotels. DAT Travel can help you to book your accommodations today.
~Hampton Inn, Dry Ridge, KY (6 miles from the Ark)
Restaurants near Hampton Inn, Dry Ridge:
- El Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant 1000 Fashion Ridge Drive, KY
- Beans 21 Taft Highway, Dry Ridge, KY
- Cracker Barrel 1131 Fashion Ridge Drive, KY
~Holiday Inn, Richwood (23 miles from the Ark)
Restaurants near Holiday Inn, Richwood:
- Raymond’s Hong Kong Café 11051 Clay Drive, Walton, KY
- Snappy’s Tomato Pizza 3 N. Main St., Walton, KY
- Family Main Street Café 104 N Main St., Walton, KY
~LaQuinta, Florence (29 miles from the Ark)
Restaurants near Laquinta, Florence:
- City BBQ 8026 Burlington Pike, Florence, KY
- Mai Thai Restaurant 7710 US Highway 42, Florence
- Rafferty’s Restaurant 7379 Turfway Rd. Florence
DAY 2– Prepare to Believe at Creation Museum
10:00 – 4:00 Begin your journey, and take a step back into time!
- Spend most of the day being amazed at God’s Wonderful Creation.
- Enjoy lunch at Noah’s Café – FYI – the chicken wrap was amazing.
- Try the Zip Line (separate cost) or just stroll around the beautiful gardens.
Back in Florence there are many options.
- Family Roller Skating after dinner, at the FunDome (check schedule)
- Florence Antique Mall (open till 8 pm)
- Great American Ball Park – Check out 2016 schedule, many weeknight games
- Lazer Kraze (1335 Donaldson Rd. Erlanger, KY)